• Insurance Nerd Herd

What do I do if I need to file a claim on my home policy?

I have damage to my property-what now?

Call our office with the following information:

· When the incident occurred.

· A general description of what happened.

· The location of the damaged property and what was damaged.

· The condition of the home and if it is still livable.

· If temporary repairs are needed.

· If the fire or police department was contacted, which department responded and any report number.

· Your contact information and the best time to reach you

Do I need to protect my home from further damage?

Yes, once it is safe to do so, it is your responsibility to protect your property from further damage.

· Arrange for reasonable temporary repairs such as boarding up broken windows, covering the roof, and removing debris.

· Keep a list of any temporary repairs you make to document the damage, and make sure to save your receipts.

· If possible, place damaged items in a secure area where they can be inspected. If you are unsure about an item, include it with the damaged property.

If you have fire or smoke damage, do not try to clean the damaged items.

8 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Changing Times, Changing Minds

As an insurance agency serving our Hoosier clients since 2009 this last year provided more challenges and questions from our clients about what their insurance may cover during pandemic. I immediatel

  • RSS Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Google+ Social Icon
  • Instagram - White Circle
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Pinterest Social Icon

Since 2009 Brookson Insurance LLC