What do I do if I have a car accident?
I've been in an accident – what now?
If the accident involves another party, start by calling the police, you will need the report number to file your claim.
After you have called the police, if it was necessary, please call our office so we can advise you of our next steps. Please call our after hours number, if you are unable to reach someone. We will need the following information:
· When the accident occurred
· Where the accident occurred (be as specific as possible)
· How the accident happened
· What kind of vehicle or vehicles were involved (including the year, make, and model)
· A description of the damage on each vehicle
· The names, insurance, and contact information of people involved in the accident
· The extent of any injuries to people involved in the accident
· The names and contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident
· The name of the law enforcement agency that responded and the police report number, if police were contacted
*This is a general guideline that we advise to our clients. Your specific situation may warrant a different approach. That is why we always suggest that you call us from the scene of the accident. If you are a client of a different agency, then your agent may have a different process that they will advise you of.